I saw these burgers here on WordPress & thought they sounded delicious – I LOVE olives and black beans!
This was possibly the first problem. The recipe calls for black eyed PEAS. I also ended up making them without the chilli as the kids were having them & without the onion/garlic salt as I don’t own any. If I were you I would just go straight to the original recipe now!
DD1(3.10) refused to even try them. DD2 (1.4) ate them, but she is a mini-human dustbin – just like like her dad – who also liked them. I thought they were ok-ish. I probably should have increased the spices to make up for the lack of salt, and of course, used black eyed PEAS not black beans <sigh>.
I’ll be eating up the leftovers that are still in the freezer, but I’m not sure if I’ll be making them again too soon.
- 1 cup of black-eyed peas, soaked OR 1 can of black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup of sliced olives
- 1/4 cup of mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp onion salt
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- red pepper flakes and salt to taste
- If you’re using dried peas, cook them as per the instructions
- put everything into a bowl & mush it up!
- squish the mix into some containers into buger shapes (I couldn’t find anything round & ended up using take-away boxes)
- when you’re ready, fry straight from frozen