From the Quorn site.
This was easy to make & very tasty, the kids (1.3 & 3.9) both wolfed it down! I cooked the quorn straight from frozen so it didn’t get browned – must remember to either use fresh or defrost it first next time.
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g Quorn pieces
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 350ml hot vegetable stock
- 200g sweet potato, diced into 1cm cubes
- 100g red lentils
- 3 tbsp plain low fat yoghurt
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander herb, chopped
- Cook the lentils
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onions for about 4 minutes until soft and beginning to go a golden brown colour.
- Add the cumin seeds and garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds before adding the Quorn pieces.
- Stir in the ginger and curry powder. Cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock and sweet potato. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the lentils and continue to cook until the sweet potatoes are cooked through and soft, and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Just before serving top with yoghurt and coriander.