Saw these here & thought they looked yummy…
- 190g uncooked quinoa
- 230ml water
- 100g grated vegetarian cheese
- 125g cottage cheese
- 1 medium carrot, finely grated (OR 1 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed dry)
- 3 free range eggs
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 green onions, including white parts
- 1 /2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Olive oil for frying
- In a medium saucepan bring the 2 cups water to a boil over high heat. Add quinoa and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 18-20 minutes, or until all water is absorbed and the seeds are tender. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked quinoa, cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, carrot, eggs, flour, green onions, sugar, pepper, cumin, salt, and garlic powder.
- (To help them stay in patty form and not fall apart, I cook them on med-low slowly so they have longer to set-up without burning. Makes them easier to flip, too.)
- Heat a frying pan and a couple teaspoons olive oil over medium-low heat. Mixture will be slightly sticky, so using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, drop mixture into pan and lightly flatten to 1/2 inch thick. Fry until golden-brown, about 4 minutes on each side. Makes approx. 10 burgers.