I’m trying to do some baking with DD1 every week. This week I thought we’d try these muffins from carrotsandcelery
They were easy to make & everyone loved them! <yay!>
I recently tried freezing them & defrosting them for breakfast. I put them in a tupperwear box for 11hrs & they were perfect for breakfast on the run!
- 200g plain flour
- 85g oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 3 large, well ripened bananas
- 85g sugar
- 1 egg beaten with a fork
- 85ml milk
- 85ml vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 85g choc chips or chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 – 400F or 190 – 200 C or Gas Mark 5-6.
- Prepare muffin tin ( – I use 18 medium cases – not the huge muffin cases or the small fairy cake cases, or the tiny truffle ones)
- Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarb into a large bowl. Add the salt and oats.
- In a separate bowl mash the bananas to a puree, add egg, milk, oil/butter, sugar and vanilla essence. Mix.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix until just combined – you should have a lump batter but no floury bits.
- Add choc chips or walnuts if using.
- Spoon into prepared tin – cases should be about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 20 – 25 mins, until reasonably firm when pressed and golden brown.