I saw this on Pinterest (follow me!) I can’t stand capers & hardly ever add salt (especially with such a salty cheese), so missed them out. The kids both love feta, olives & spaghetti, so I’m really hoping they’ll like this.
DH made this for lunch today, DD1 (3.5) loved it & DD2 (1) ate a reasonable amount too – yay! Unfortunately, I wasn’t feeling very well, so didn’t eat much, but I’m sure I will love it next time
- 650g tomatoes (about 3), seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 115g feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 340g spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- If the olives are in brine, rinse them thoroughly & then drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, feta, parsley and pepper.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the spaghetti until just done (about 12 minutes). Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan, heat the olive oil over moderately low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked pasta and the garlic oil to the tomato mixture and toss.
Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Black Olives, Garlic, and Mozzarella Use 3/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch pieces, in place of the feta.
Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Olives, Garlic, Feta, and Fresh Herbs Use 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 3 tablespoons mixed chopped fresh herbs, such as tarragon and chives, in place of the parsley.