Another yummy looking recipe I found on Pinterest. I’m not sure what I’d eat it with though?
- 1 package tofu, pressed (select firm or extra firm)
- 1/3 c orange juice
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp agave (or honey/maple syrup or combo)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of cayenne (more to taste, if desired)
- Pinch of chili powder (more to taste, if desired)
- Optional: 1 Tbsp EVOO or use more sesame oil
- Press your tofu (place between heavy plates/objects and get the paper towels handy), and slice pressed tofu into 1/4 inch strips.
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a bowl (it will not be pretty) and allow tofu to marinate for at least 20 minutes but a few hours or overnight is ideal. The longer the better. Reserve a couple tablespoons of the marinade that’s likely at the bottom of the bowl.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil to save on cleanup time and spray with cooking spray.
- Broil the marinated tofu for 5-6 minutes on the first side.
- Flip, and broil for another 3 to 5 minutes on the second side. Apply what’s remaining of the reserved marinade to the top side of the flipped tofu.
- Do not leave the kitchen! Peanut butter + agave will apparently go from not done to charred and disgusting in 90 seconds flat. You need to be right there so all your work does not go up in flames and char. Do Not Leave the Kitchen, not even for a second!