I’m not really going to tell you how to cook something as simple as this, it’s really just a place for me to make a note of how long it took (so I can try to do it quicker in future) & how much the girls ate (so I know how much to make for next time)
- DD1: 2 waffles, most of 2 poached eggs
- DD2: most of 2 waffles, 1 poached egg (I think she would have eaten more)
- me: 2 waffles, 1 poached egg – would have liked more
We shared a tin of baked beans between us & there were a few left in the pan.
- 445pm – put small oven on & waffles in. Put beans in a pan & put a pan of cold water on to boil (for the eggs) Got the eggs out of the fridge.
- 455pm – the water is boiling nicely, so added vinegar & turned down to simmer.
- 5pm – the waffles are obviously not going to be done in time, so turned the grill on.
- when the girls pulled up in the drive – took 2 waffles out, turned beans on low
- when the girls were ready to eat – turned beans off, put eggs in. cut up waffle for DD2, plate up waffle & beans
- when the eggs are cooked – plate up egg, put on windowsill to cool
- when the eggs are cool – present to girls. Plate up own food.
Next time: put the waffles straight under the grill & don’t put my egg on until theirs are cooked.