mmmm yet another brilliant looking recipe from mamacook, this looks like a good use of the baked potatoes I have in the freezer, and the jar of mango chutney that needs eating up in the cupboard.
The recipe says it makes 6, so I thought I would double it up for the two DC.
Making them wasn’t straight forward. I knew I didn’t have any curry paste, but I though that would be no problem – I’d just put more garam masala in. I had 0.5 tsp in the cupboard. Then I realised I didn’t have enough spinach, so had to sub in some peas. After all that, DD1 (3.5) didn’t like them <sigh> Luckily DD2 (1) ate them so it didn’t feel like a complete waste of time!
- 1 Cooked jacket potato
- 50g, frozen chopped spinach, cooked as per pack instructions
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp mango chutney
- 0.5 tsp curry paste (with an appopriate heat for your audience)
- 1-3 tsp wholemeal flour
- Handful of breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp, drizzle of oil
- Preheat the oven to 200oC / 400F
- Mash the potato and mix with the cooked, drained spinach, spices and chutney.
- Add enough flour to make it formable into cakes
- Make into cakes, dip in egg and then the breadcrumbs then put on a tray and drizzle with the oil (I used spray oil)
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until hot through and crispy on the outside.