Another recipe stolen from mumsnet.
DD1 (3.5) had one mouthful & refused to eat any more. DD2 (1) scoffed the lot.
Update: I just had the remains of this from the freezer. I think the reason DD1 didn’t like it was because I hadn’t blended it well enough, I could taste occasional bits of pea skin <blergh>
- 12oz frozen or fresh peas
- 2 med potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 med onion
- 1/8 leek
- 1/2 stick celery
- 1tsp chopped fresh parsley or mint
- 1pt vegetable stock
- Pinch of white pepper
- Pinch of salt – optional
- 2 floz of whole milk – optional, this will give a creamier soup
- naice bread
- Roughly chop onions, leeks, celery and potatoes.
- Put into a saucepan with peas add stock, salt(optional), pepper and parsley and bring to boil.
- Simmer until all are tender.
- Using hand blender or blender/liquidiser now process until smooth.
- Taste and add more seasoning or liquid (or milk if wanted) if needed.