I thought these sounded delicious & they were!
I wasn’t sure how big to make them, so I made a selection of sizes, I thought the little ones were nice (roughly a heaped tbsp). I asked DD1 (3.5) and she told me she liked the big ones AND the little ones (a filled mini muffin). DD2 (1) made no comment other than to demand more. I had 1, DH had 1, they scoffed the other 10 between them.
- 1 slice of bread made into breadcrumbs or cut into 0.5cm cubes
- 140g Cooked broccoli
- 65g Extra mature or vintage cheddar
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200oC / 400F.
- Mash the broccoli with a fork until it’s coarsely mashed up. Mix with the bread (crumbed or cubed). Grate in the cheddar and break in the eggs. Mix together.
- Put into a greased silicone mini muffin tin (or you could use a cupcake tin or even a plain baking tray). Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes.