I’m eating leftovers of this from the freezer & only just realised I must have forgotten to copy the recipe here. I made it ages ago, and have been looking at it in the freezer thinking it didn’t look very appetising for weeks. Well, I’ve been defrosting the freezer today, so I thought I had better eat it up & OMG it is lovely! Wish I had eaten it sooner!
Update April 2013: Had this with DD1 (2) and she loved it. As we were going out, I made this in the pan, but once it was simmering I put it & the rest of the ingredients in the slow cooker on high for a couple of hours
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- Handful of oregano or marjoram, chopped
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and well rinsed
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 750g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2cm chunks
- 200g French beans, trimmed and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large tin sweetcorn
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- naice bread
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté gently for about 10 minutes.
- Add the smoked paprika and 1 tablespoon of the oregano. Cook for another minute.
- Add the drained, rinsed beans, the squash, bay leaf and stock at the same time, and simmer until the squash is just tender, 10–15 minutes.
- Then add the French beans and corn kernels and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- To finish, season with freshly ground pepper, and the remaining oregano, leave to settle for a couple of minutes, then serve.