Makes 4 servings.
This was very easy to make & the kids both liked it! (Note: neither of them liked the green beans)
I didn’t have any quick-cooking tapioca, but assumed it was to thicken the sauce, so added some cornflour/water mix at the end (after adding the tomatoes). I didn’t add the chilli because I was giving it to the kids, and only used 2 teaspoons of mild curry powder (tescos) – it definately needs more!
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chilli (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 14 ounce can vegetable stock
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Hot cooked rice
- In a 3.5 to 5-quart slow cooker, combine carrots, potatoes, chickpeas, green beans, onion, garlic, tapioca, curry powder, coriander, crushed red pepper, salt, and cinnamon. Pour stock over all.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 3.5 to 4.5 hours.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.