Another great recipe from mamacook
I use my 12 hole muffin tin for this & make 12 little muffins, it would probably make 6 “proper” sized ones. I use oil spray to stop them from sticking, but you could just brush with melted butter or just use a silicon tray (I don’t have one)
- 100g Frozen chopped spinach
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- 100g Feta cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g SR flour
- A few grindings of nutmeg
- Spray oil or unsalted butter to grease the pan
- Either leave the spinach to defrost or if you’re impatient, heat in the microwave gently until defrosted. Cut the feta into small (approx 0.5cm) cubes.
- Sift the flour & nutmeg into a large bowl
- In a smaller bowl, mix the eggs, milk, olive oil and cheese, then mix in the spinach.
- Grease your muffin tray.
- Put the wet mix into the dry & combine. The important thing about making muffins is that you must not overmix!
- Spoon a desert spoonful into each muffin hole. Bake for 15-17 mins & allow to cool slightly before serving
These apparently freeze really well (we have never had any left to test this out) Defrost at room temperature or on a microwave defrost programme (just check they’re not too hot before serving.)