I think this would serve 4, DD2 & I had some & there was plenty left to go into the freezer for another day.
Update: Made this again today for both DDs, but DD1 (3.8) refused to even try it. DD2(14m) & I enjoyed it though!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots (roughly 250-300g), chopped
- 150g red lentils
- 250 ml low salt veg stock
- 1 tin (400ml) coconut milk
- 2 tsp easy ginger – I am experimenting with using this instead of fresh ginger – need to add more next time!
- 100g frozen spinach
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- heat oil. add onion and carrots & cook for 5 mins to soften slightly over very low heat
- add ginger and lentils and stir for 2 mins.
- add stock and milk.boil then cover and simmer for 20 mins
- put the rice on
- blitz half the mixture & return to the pan (optional – i.e. I forgot to do this)
- add spinach & cook for about 5 mins until ready
- divide between 4 bowls and sprinkle with almonds and coriander.
- serve with the rice