This is a Gordon Ramsey recipe for chunky oven chips without any deep fat frying 🙂
Unsurprisingly, both DD’s and DH love these.
- 750g Desirée potatoes (about 3 medium large), peeled
- groundnut oil , for drizzling
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to its highest setting, ideally 250C/fan 230C/gas 9.
- Cut each potato into 1cm-wide slices, then into 1cm-thick sticks.
- Blanch in a large pan of boiling water for 3 mins, then drain well.
- Shake the potatoes out onto a roasting pan, drizzle with oil, ensuring each chip is evenly coated, then season well.
- Bake for about 15-20 mins, turning the potatoes at least twice, until golden brown and crisp.
- Pat dry with some kitchen roll & serve.