We like falafel. We like sweet potato….. Sweet potato falafel seemed like a good idea. They were OK, but not great.
- 700g sweet potato (1 large or 2 small)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- Handful coriander leaves (chopped)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 100g plain or gram flour
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Microwave sweet potato whole for 8-10 mins until tender. Leave to cool a little, then peel.
- Put the potato, cumin, garlic, ground and fresh coriander, lemon juice and flour into a large bowl. Season, then mash until smooth.
- Using a tablespoon, shape mix and into 20 balls.
- Put on an oiled baking sheet, bake for around 15 mins until the bases are golden brown, then flip over and bake for 15 mins more until brown all over.