I’ve ‘liked’ these people on facebook & they keep posting interesting looking recipes, so I thought it was abot time I made one. So, courgette & potato cakes were made. DD1(3) spat them out. DD2(10m) ate them all.
- 1 courgette
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of bread made into breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- Saute the onion in a little olive oil for a few minutes until tender.
- Grate the potato and courgette into a bowl, then squeeze thoroughly to remove as much of the liquid as you can.
- Add the onion, egg, bread crumbs and seasonings and mix well.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan/skillet.
- Divide the mixture into four to eight balls (depending on the size you want the cakes to be), drop each ball into the frying pan and flatten with a spatula.
- Cook for a few minutes until the underside is brown, turn, and cook for a further few minutes.
- Serve when cooled to a safe handling temperature!