Continuing the recent muffin theme – I thought I would try these cheese & tomato ones
As always, these were quick & easy to make (the original recipe said to de-seed the tomatoes, but I really couldn’t be bothered to do that) and made the house smell gorgeous!
Both the girls (8m & 3.5yo) ate them (although DD1 did pick all the bits of tomato out) and were kind enough to leave a couple for DH & I to try which were very nice – will definately be making these again!
- 275 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 free-range eggs, large
- 225 ml milk
- 110 g butter, melted
- 20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 100 g vegetarian cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200C/gas 6.
- Grease a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk and melted butter. Stir in the quartered tomatoes and cheese.
- Sift the flour mixture straight into the tomato mixture and – using a large wooden spoon – carefully fold the flour into the mixture until only just combined. The mixture will remain lumpy, but do not worry; it is very important not to over work muffin mix!
- Spoon into muffin cases, filling just to the top. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Place cooked muffins on a wire rack and serve when cool.
About Veggie Bessie
Vegetarian. One husband, Two cats, Three kids.