This recipe stolen from benjalamummy on mumsnet
DD2 & I liked this, but DD1 refused to even try it the first time I served it up, but scoffed it down the next time!
- 25g butter
- 2 leeks
- 450g carrots
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp stock powder
- 1 tbsp coriander
- Put the butter in a large pan & heat gently.
- Chop the leeks & carrots and soften in the butter for 5-10 mins.
- Stir in the flour cook for 1 min
- Then the coriander & stock powder, stir well & add 500ml of boiling water
- Simmer for about 15 mins.
- Put back in the pan (or in the slow cooker if you’re making it a bit ahead) & use a bit more boiling water to rinse out the blender – add more water if required until you reach your desired consistency
- Heat through for another 5 mins before serving