Bean & Sweet Potato Hash
I wanted to feed the baby (9m) Black Beans. I googled. I found this.
The supermarket didn’t have any tinned black beans, so DH bought me some dried ones, but of course I forgot to soak them overnight. So I used the only tinned beans we had, kidney beans, and it came out just fine.
I chopped the red pepper & beans up in the food processor to make them easier for DD2 to eat. They stuck nicely to the lumps of sweet potato.
We had it with naan bread as I had one left over from yesterday, but rice seems a more obvious accompaniment.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 350g peeled, cubed sweet potatoes (1cm cubes)
- 1 tin beans, drained and rinsed or 4 cups dried beans that have been cooked
- In large skillet, saute onion and thyme in oil until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add red pepper and sweet potatoes; saute until potatoes begin to soften, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in beans and cook until potatoes are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with pepper.