DD1 used to love AK’s Risotto with Butternut Squash, so I definately need to make it for DD2
- 50g onion, chopped
- s5g unsalted butter
- 110g basmati rice
- 450ml boiling water
- 150g butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 225g ripe tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and chopped
- 50g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Saute the onion in half the butter unitl softened.
- Stir in the rice until well coated.
- Pour over the boiling water water, cover pan with a lid and cook for 8 minutes over a high heat.
- Stir in the butternut squash, reduce the heat and cook, covered, for about 12 minutes or until or the water had been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a small saucepan, add the tomatoes and saute for 2-3 minutes,
- Stir in the cheese until melted, then stir the tomato and cheese mixture into the cooked rice.