This recipe is stolen from carrotsandcelery, I had to copy it so I could change it to use metric measurements!! They were very quick & easy to make & very very yummy.
- 255g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons fine white granulated sugar (I reduce this)
- 85g strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 225ml milk
- 85g melted butter
- Preheat the oven 375-400 F/ 190-200C/ Gas 5-6.
- Prepare muffin tins (12) by greasing them lightly – I have been reliably informed these will stick to paper cases.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Stir in grated cheese.
- In another bowl beat egg with a fork. Stir in milk, followed by oil.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until just combined.
- Batter will be lumpy but have no dry flour visible.
- Spoon into tins.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until firm to touch and golden brown.