Yet another recipe from Annabel Karmel’s New Complete Baby & Toddler Meal Planner I’m not a huge fan of cauliflower unless it’s in a curry, but luckily DD2 seems to love it.
- 100g cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 120ml milk
- 50g cheese, grated
- 25g sweet red pepper, chopped
- 75g frozen sweetcorn
- Put the cauliflower in a small pan with the milk & cook over a low heat for about 8 mins until tender
- Stir in the grated cheese until melted
- Meanwhile, steam the red pepper & sweetcorn for about 6 mins or until tender
- Drain the sweetcorn & pepper
- Puree as appropriate for your child. For little babies you might want to mix it all together then puree, but because DD2 (8m) is on soft lumps, I just pureed the pepper & sweetcorn, then stirred it into the cauliflower. The next time I make this, I’ll probably use my magic chopper on the sweetcorn & pepper and not puree it at all.