From baby & child vegetarian recipes
This makes enough for 1 adult & 1 toddler.
If I’m in a rush, I don’t bother with the breadcrumbs & grill bit.
- 75g macaroni
- 25g butter
- 25g flour
- 300ml milk
- 75 g cheese, grated
- ?? frozen peas
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs
- cook the macaroni
- meanwhile, make the cheese sauce
- melt the butter in a pan, add the flour & cook gently for 2mins
- add the milk, little by little, making sure it is all incorporated before adding any more
- simmer the sauce for a couple of minutes, remove from the heat & stir in the two thirds of the cheese
- stir the macaroni & peas into the cheese sauce
- transfer the macaroni to a shallow gratin dish & sprinkle over the breadcrumbs & the remaining cheese.
- Place under a grill until golden brown & bubbling
- take out & leave to cool a little before serving