I saw this recipe on mamacook, but altered it a bit. I added an onion (this wasn’t intentional, I just assumed there would be one), and I didn’t use ready-made pesto sauce. I don’t like buying pots of ready made pesto as it’s often difficult to find one that’s veggie (due to the parmasan) and it always seems such a waste as I only use a little bit and throw the rest away a few weeks later.
The husband, the baby & I really liked it, but the toddler didn’t. TBH I think she was in one of those moods where anything would have looked like poison, and she’d had a big lunch so I’m not going to take it personally.
This was plenty for 2 adults, a toddler & a baby
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- olive oil
- 2 courgettes
- 80g Extra mature vegetarian cheddar
- 4 tbsp Full fat cream cheese
- dried basil
- pine nuts
- olive oil
- Put the pasta in boiling water and cook until done to your liking.
- As the pasta is cooking, saute the onion & garlic in the oil.
- While that’s cooking, grate the courgette, then and add to the pan with the garlic on a low heat. Stir until softened and so it has lost some of the water.
- While that’s cooking, grate the cheddar.
- Once the courgette is softened, add the cheddar, pesto, soft cheese and a little bit of cooking water from the pasta. Mix into a sauce adding more water if needed.
- Mix in the pasta.