I wanted a tomato soup that didn’t have loads of dairy in. I found this one, but it didn’t seem to be very tomatoey so I made my own up.
I do like it (& so does DD2), but I seem to get bored of it very quickly & never want to finish my bowl.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- half a packet of tofu
- 1 or 2 tins tomatoes (I can’t remember how many i used!)
- 1 tsp dried basil, chopped
- Drain the tofu
- In a saucepan, saute the onion in the oil over a medium heat.
- When the onion is tender, add the tomato and basil and cook for a few more minutes.
- blitz the tofu in a blender.
- Pour the tofu into the tomato and heat through, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat, put back in the blender & puree until smooth