I needed to get DD2 (8months) to try some tofu. Although we have no history of allergies in the family, I still get really worried when giving her certain foods for the first time.
Anyway, I found this recipe here & it was nice. She’s still being a bit fussy about lumps, so I ended up pureeing it and she then scoffed it down. I gave her pasta bows which were a great success – nice & easy for her to hold & stuff in her mouth.
- 0.5 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 0.5 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 0.3 pack firm tofu
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 0.5 tsp basil
- 0.5 tsp oregano
- drain the tofu on kitchen roll, crumble & drain again
- In a saucepan, saute the onion in the oil.
- Once softened, add the green pepper and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Put the tofu into the saucepan and cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Drain any excess liquid, then add the tomato puree and basil.
- Cook the pasta, then top with the sauce and parsley.
- Chop finely, or puree as required.