I sometimes think that mamacook must be able to read my mind. I’m doing the weekly meal plan, thinking that I need to give DD2 lumpier food & some rice & voila! She blogs a Slow Cooker risotto recipe 🙂
I think she must have a more powerful slow cooker than me, as I have never seen anything “simmer” in mine, so I’ve changed the cooking times. YMMV.
- 350ml veg stock
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g butternut squash (peeled weight), chopped into a fine dice
- 100g arborio rice
- 35g vegetarian cheddar
- Put the stock into the slow cooker & put on High.
- Gently fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil until softened.
- Add the onion, garlic and butternut squash to the slow cooker and heat on high for approx 30 mins
- Add in the rice and cook for 25-30 mins, stirring once or until the rice is cooked. (I cooked mine for around 45min)
- Add more stock or water during the cooking time if it needs it.
- Add in the cheese and stir.
- Puree if required