Another fab Annabel Karmel recipe, enough to serve 1 adult and 1 baby.
- Your favourite pasta
- 100g frozen (or 225g fresh) spinach – I use frozen chopped spinach because it’s so much easier
- 15g butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 40g vegetarian cheese, grated
- put the pasta on
- cook the spinach according to packet
- press out the excess water
- melt the butter in a pan & saute the spinach
- combine the spinach with the milk & cheeses
- If needed, chop finely in a food processor.
- Mix with pasta
Update 8-Feb-2012: I didn’t have enough spinach in the freezer, so I added some frozen peas. I gave DD2(9m) half of the sauce mixed with 35g of pasta. She was ramming it into her mouth with both hands, so I think she liked it! I then
shovelled spoonfed her the rest of the sauce!