I’ve made this a few times now & it’s dead easy to make. I always seem to be missing at least one of the ingredients (when this photo was taken it was missing potato & green beans), but it doesn’t seem to matter as it’s always gone down well with the kids.
When DD2 was very small (8 months) I used to pureed it up for her as it kept falling off the spoon, but she soon got the hang of grabbing the bits out of the bowl 🙂
- 1 tbsp oil
- 0.5 small onion, finely chopped
- 0.5 leek, white part only, washed & finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled & diced
- 0.5 celery stalk, diced
- 100g french beans, cut into 1 cm lengths
- 1 potato, peeled & diced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 1.2 litres low salt veg stock
- 3 tbsp frozen peas
- 50g very small pasta shapes
- heat the oil in a large pan & fry the onions & leek for 2 minutes.
- then add the carrot, celery, french beans, potato & parsley and saute for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato puree & cook for 1 minute
- pour over the stock & simmer, covered, for 20 minutes
- add the pasta, then frozen peas & simmer until they are cooked (5-10mins)