1 tbsp plain flour
50g cheese, grated
- put the kettle on for the steamer
- break the cauliflower up into small florets & wash it.
- Steam until tender (about 10 mins)
- meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan over a low heat & then stir in the flour to make a SMOOTH paste.
- add the milk slowly, stirring all the time.
- When it’s nice & thick, take off the heat & add the cheese.
- Keep stirring until all the cheese has melted & the sauce is smooth
- Add the cooked cauliflower to the sauce
- Puree, mash or chop as required.