Am I the only person who wants to make a leek & potato soup which doesn’t involve loads of cheese or cream? I’m going to replace the cream with milk – hope it works!
- 4 – 5 potatoes
- 2 leeks
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 600ml low salt veg stock
- 60 g butter
- 250ml milk
- chopped chives
- Peel potatoes and dice into small pieces.
- Remove most of the dark part of leek and chop remaining part, wash.
- Place all vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Add butter and stock.
- I cooked on High for 4hrs, but you could cook on low for 10-12 hours.
- Approximately 20 minutes before serving, puree (if required) & then stir in milk and chives.
This was very nice, glad I didn’t put cream in it!