I found this recipe while searching for slow cooker ideas.
It’s very easy to make (especially if DH does the chopping!) – I usually prep it up the night before & set the timer plug to turn it on first thing in the morning and it’s ready for lunnch.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 butternut squash (2 lb), peeled, cubed
- 0.5 litre water
- 0.5 tsp dried marjoram leaves
- 0.25 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 4 veg stock cubes
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, cubed
- Put all the ingredients, except the cream cheese into the slow cooker
- Cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir in cream cheese.
- The original recipe says to cook on low for another 30mins, but as we are usually in a rush we just eat it straight away!