- One or two large sweet potatoes
- Four large carrots
- One garlic clove
- handful of red lentils
- 1 litre low salt vegetable stock
- nice bread
- plain greek yogurt
- Peel the sweet potatoes and carrots, and cut into coin-sized pieces. Place them in the slow cooker and pour the vegetable stock on top.
- Add the lentils, ginger & garlic, place the lid on the slow cooker, and set the temperature to low.
- Cook for eight hours.
- Blend if required
- serve with a dollop of plain greek yogurt on top & some nice bread.
Needs cooking for longer. Maybe I just don’t cut the carrots up small enough, but it was on from 4am -> 12 midday & the carrots weren’t completely cooked. However, I blended it up & DD1 scoffed 4 bowl fulls (!!) It was very nice. It served me & DD1, and there are some left overs for DH to take in for his lunch tomorrow.