- 1 onion, diced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 0.5 litre vegetable stock
- 0.25 tsp black pepper
- 0.25 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 100g uncooked brown rice
- 150g peanut butter (to add later)
- dollop of sour cream and a bit of Tabasco sauce (optional)
- wash and chop all of the vegetables, and put into the slow cooker. Add the tins of tomatoes, the uncooked rice, and the spices.
- pour in the vegetable stock
- cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for about 4. The soup is done when the onions are fully cooked and are translucent.
- stir in peanut butter, and cook on high for 20-30 minutes, or until fully heated through.
- add a dollop of sour cream and a touch of Tabasco sauce if required
I thought DD1 would love this, but she was being a bit uppity & refused all the food I gave her today, so I’ll maybe try this again one day, although I wasn’t that keen & I don’t think DH was either.