We finally got round to watching the new HFW Veg show on Ch4 last night & DH wants to make this curry
This made 8 portions.
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- 5 aubergines, sliced into long wedges (yes, really – 5 of them)
- 400ml coconut milk
- 300ml roast tomato passata
- 300g green beans
For the curry paste
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 5-6 shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 thumb-sized pieces of ginger, roughly chopped
- 4 hearts of lemongrass, chopped
- 5 green chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
For the raita
- 3 tsp mango chutney
- 8 tbsp plain yogurt
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Put all the paste mix ingredients into a blender along with a couple of tablespoons of water and blitz, pushing the paste down from the sides of the blender periodically, you want a smooth paste mix.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large frying pan and fry the aubergines in batches until lightly browned.
- In a deep saucepan heat a little oil and add half the curry paste, fry the paste for a couple of minutes stirring all the time.
- Add the aubergines, stir to coat in the paste. Add the coconut milk and roast tomato passata. Bring to a simmer and add green beans and cook for about 10 minutes or until the beans are tender but still have a bit of bite.
- Make the raita by stirring the chutney into the yogurt, sprinkle over a little coriander and serve alongside the curry with some naan breads or rice.
DH made this & said it was easy enough to make. It was also very nice, just as well as we have another 6 portions of it in the freezer!