The oven is broken, I wanted to have baked potatoes for lunch, but didn’t want yukky microwave cooked ones – can the slow cooker come to the rescue? apparently so!
- 4 baking potatoes, well scrubbed and completely dry
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch coarse salt, to taste
- 4 pieces of aluminium foil
- Prick the potatoes with a fork several times, then rub potatoes with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and wrap tightly in foil.
- Place the potatoes into a slow cooker, cover, and cook on High for 4 1/2 to 5 hours, or on Low for 7 1/2 to 8 hours until tender.