Oh I love this blog! Now I have a use for the fourth baking potato in the pack which always gets left to go green 🙂
- 1 cold jacket potato (cooked)
- A handful of the cheese of your choice, grated
- 1dsp chopped frozen spinach, defrosted and drained or some other chopped veggies (optional).
- Herbs of your choice (optional) chives or garlic chives would be good
- Scoop out the flesh of the potato and mash
- Mix with the other ingredients apart from the oil.
- Put some greaseproof or baking paper on a try and brush the greaseproof paper with the oil.
- Form the mix into small cakes (and I mean small, think a 10p piece in diameter and about 2/3 cm thick).
- Put on the tray and brush lightly with oil.
- Store in the fridge until ready to cook. Bake at 200 degrees C in a preheated oven for 15-20 mins
- Take out and allow to cool till at a safe temperature before serving.
Attempt 1: try harder.
Attempt 2: Yum!
This time I mashed the potato properly & chopped up the big green beans that were in the mixed veg. I also had to substitute in cream cheese at the last minute when I discovered that someone had finished the cheddar up. DD1 loved them, but did let me try a small one 🙂