Based on this recipe from BBC Good Food
- 1 banana , sliced
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp light muscovado sugar, or any old sugar you have in the cupboard
- 1 egg
- 100ml milk
- sunflower oil , for frying
- Greek yogurt
and maple syrup, to serve
- Slice the banana. Tip the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar into a bowl and mix well.
- Make a well into the centre and crack in the egg, then gradually mix the egg into the flour, adding the milk gradually to make a soft batter.
- Stir in the pineapple and banana. Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the batter in heaped tablespoonsful, well apart to allow them to spread. When bubbles appear on the surface, flip the pancakes over and cook until light golden.
- Cook all the pancakes and keep them warm. Serve 2-3 pancakes with a spoonful of yogurt and a little maple syrup poured over.
DH made these at the weekend. They were yummy, but some weren’t cooked properly, I’m not sure if some were too thick or if he was cooking them on too high a heat. I can’t bear to eat anything I think has raw egg in it <yuk>