Note: because it contains honey, it’s not suitable for babies under 1 year old.
- 225g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 100g butter
- 100g honey
- 100g raw cane sugar
- 225g carrots, peeled & finely grated
- pre-heat oven to 170C
- sift together flour, spices & baking powder
- melt the butter, honey & sugar together over a gentle heat, then add to the flour mixture, stirring well.
- Add the grated carrots and mix thoroughly
- Place the mix in a well-greased (I like to line it with grease-proof paper) 450g loaf tin & bake for 60-80 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack