DD2 loves carrot & coriander soup, so I was keen to make my own, adding some lentils for protein.
Although this is a slow cooker recipe, it can of course be made on the hob too – you might need to add some more water to it though.
Serves 2 Adults and 2 Children
- 450g Carrots (peeled and diced)
- 1 x Onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp Ground Dried Coriander
- 1 x Vegetable Stock Cube (crumbled)
- 1 Litre of Water
- 2 handfuls of lentils
- 1 bunch fresh corriander
- nice bread
- Peel and dice the carrots – place in slow cooker
- Peel and chop the onion – add to slow cooker
- Add the lentils, dried coriander and vegetable stock cube over vegetables
- Pour over 1 litre of water – ensure that slow cooker is no more than 2/3rd’s full
- Strip the coriander stems of their leaves & nestle the stems into the top of the soup (you will have to fish them out again later)
- Turn heat setting to low and leave for approx. 12 hours or longer if required
- When cooked, remove the coriander stems and blend the soup.
- Finely chop the corriander and either mix into the soup, or use to garnish your bowls.
- Serve with nice bread
Like this? How about:
- Butternut Squash Chilli (slow cooker)
- Winter Vegetable Stew (slow cooker)
- Moroccan Vegetable Tagine (slow cooker)
- Quorn Stew with herby dumplings (slow cooker)