A fellow babywhisperer pointed me at the mamacook blog – loads & loads of yummy stuff on there suitable for the kiddies, but this one caught my eye – mum used to do an eggy thing in ramekins when i was younger which i loved, so I was very keen to try this.
1 serving for a small child
- 1 organic, free-range egg
- Approx 10g grated vegetarian extra mature or mature cheddar
- some chopped veggies (I steam some frozen chpped veg)
- Splash of organic full fat milk
- Spray oil or a little unsalted butter, melted.
- Grease a ramekin; I use spray oil for this, but you could just use some melted butter.
- Break and mix the egg in a bowl mixing in the other ingredients. Pour the mixture into the greased ramekin.
- Bake for approx 20 minutes at 200 degrees C.
- The mix souffles up as it cooks then sinks back a little as it cools.