As DD2 (8months) can’t really have Quorn (it’s too low in fat for babies) I’ve been looking for a chilli recipe using tofu and found this.
I made this for me & DH & it was ok. If I were making it for DD2 I would leave out the chilli powder for now.
- 1 green pepper
- 1 large onion
- 4 stalks celery
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tins kidney beans
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 to 3 tablespoons chili powder (to your liking)
- 1 packet firm tofu
- Drain tofu on kitchen roll, cut into cubes & drain again
- Saute pepper, onion, celery, and garlic with a little vegetable stock (or water) in a large pan.
- Add all ingredients except for 1 tin of tomatoes into slow cooker, and stir until well blended.
- spread the other tin of tomatoes on top
- Allow to simmer in slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours. Add water as needed.