DD1 & stumbled across a photo of her “enjoying” this when she was very small, and so she has requested it again.
I can’t remember where I got the original recipe from, but googled & found this, so lets give it a go, the sprinkiling with flour & adding milk sounds good.
- olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 400g fresh mushrooms, sliced (anything but white ones!)
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 240 ml milk
- 1 bag fresh spinach, rinsed well & chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- put a pan of water on for the pasta
- In large non-stick pan over med-high heat, cook garlic, onion& thyme in oil for about a minute.
- put the pasta on
- Add mushrooms, cook about 8 minutes, stirring often, until the mushrooms begin to brown& their juices begin to run.
- Sprinkle with flour& stir about one minute, then slowly begin to add the milk, and bring to the boil, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the spinach, basil, salt& pepper& cook until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Toss sauce with cooked pasta