this recipe promises a “a delicious and bold combination of flavors”
Serve with bread or cornbread for a satisfying, delicious, and healthy meal.
- 1.4kg sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 5cm chunks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 50g loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves and stems
- 2 tins diced tomatoes
- 125g peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 240ml water
- 1 tin chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 450g frozen whole or cut green beans
- Use a blender or food processor to blend garlic, cilantro, tomatoes (with juice), peanut butter, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and ¾ teaspoon salt until pureed.
- Pour mixture into slow cooker. Stir in water. Add sweet potatoes and chickpeas and stir.
- Cover and cook on Low setting for 8 to 10 hours or on High setting for 4 to 5 hours, until potatoes are very tender.
- About a quarter-hour before stew is done, cook green beans to package directions. Stir into stew before serving.
Must learn to read a recipe.
I cut the sweet potato up too small, & didn’t add the water or the green beans. I ended up with a gloopy squishy mess. It tasted ok-ish. I’ll have to make it again….