hmmm… lasagne in the slow cooker sounds interesting!
makes 4 LARGE portions
1 large onion, chopped
2 Tbls olive oil
3 large cloves garlic, minced
12 oz pack quorn mince
3 tins chopped tomatoes
425g tub ricotta cheese
280g frozen chopped spinach
450g shredded Mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup grated VEGETARIAN Italian hard cheese blend (e.g Parmesan, Asiago, Romano)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley
generous twists of fresh ground pepper
1/2 of 9 oz package no cook lasagna noodles
1/2 cup grated VEGETARIAN Italian hard cheese blend (see above)
- defrost spinach
- Spray crock with no stick spray.
- Heat oil in pan over medium high heat.
- Saute onions until soft, then add minced garlic for a minute or two.
- drain spinach
- Add tinned tomatoes to the pan.
- Add water to the empty tins to shake the sauce from edges of tins and add this mixture to the skillet.
- Add package of quorn mince and stir.
- In a bowl add all other ingredients (ricotta, spinach, Mozzarella, hard cheese, garlic powder, basil, parsley ) except the pasta and topping.
- Mix well.
- Ladle 1/4 of the sauce onto the bottom of the crock.
- Break 2 no cook lasagna noodle sheets to form a layer covering the sauce in the crock, then layer evenly with 1/3 of the cheese mixture, followed by 1/3 of remaining sauce.
- Repeat the noodle, cheese, sauce layers two times, ending with the sauce.
- Top with the remaining grated hard cheese blend.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- it was too wet – use less water rinsing out the tomatoes & squeeze more water out of the spinach
- read the instructions on the pasta