mmmm.. this looks good
- 185g raw pearl barley, rinsed, drained
- 1.5l vegetable stock
- generous amount of ground pepper
- 4 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, peeled, diced
- 450g mushrooms, sliced and diced
- Place the first 6 ingredients in the crock pot.
- Using a large no stick skillet heat the butter or oil over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until softened.
- Add mushrooms and saute until moist and they begin to give up their liquid.
- Pour this mixture and all liquid into the crock.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
DH loved it, DD1 thought it was ok, I wasn’t really that keen (so probably won’t be making it again!)