Now DD2 has arrived I need to be able to rustle up lunch in an instant – or even better just take something I prepared the night before out of the fridge.
DD1 likes pasta, it’s summer, so I thought a pasta salad would be good. I looked up a few pasta salad recipes, but in the end just added some cold pasta to our favourite Greek salad.
Greek Pasta Salad
- 100g wholewheat fusilli pasta
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 tin black olives, thoroughly rinsed
- 100g organic Feta cheese, cut into chunks
- 0.5 cucumber, sliced
- 6 vine tomatoes, in largeish chunks
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Olive oil
- cook the pasta
- while the pasta is cooking, chop & mix everything else in a bowl.
- when the pasta is cooked, drain & rinse with cold water (this stops it sticking) and stir through some olive oil before adding it to the rest of the salad
Like this? How about: