This is another recipe I always just make up as I go along, but here it is written down – I based this on the one in the River Cottage Baby & Toddler cookbook
- 350g new potatoes
- 4 organic, free-range medium eggs
- 2 tbsp oil
- 75g organic cheese
- 2 bunches of spring onions, trimmed & sliced.
- some chopped veg – e.g peas, carrots, sweetcorn
- cook the potatoes, allow to cook & slice
- cook the veg
- beat the eggs
- pre-heat the grill
- heat the oil in a frying pan. add the spring onions and fry gently for about 5 mins until soft & wilted
- add sliced potato and veg & gently fry. Stir to make sure they are spread around the pan evenly
- pour in the beaten eggs. don’t move the egg around, just keep it over a medium heat so it sets
- after about 5 mins, the bottom will be set, but the top still wet.
- sprinkle the cheese over the top & put the frittata under the grill for 3-5mins until cooked.
- let it cook for 10mins before taking out of the pan & slicing.
- best served warm or cold – not hot.
DD1 loved it 🙂