from BBC Good Food
I always used to try to make the recipe up each time, but these are really nice & stick together!
Makes 4 patties, enough for 1 adult & 1 child.
- 400g can chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- garlic clove , chopped
- handful of flat-leaf parsley or curly parsley
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp harissa paste or chilli powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 small red onion , roughly chopped
for the dip
- 0.5 pot of Greek (or Soy) Yogurt
- 1 tbsp dried mint
- toasted pitta bread
- tomato salsa
- green salad
- To make the minty yogurt dip, mix half a pot of greek yogurt with 1 tbsp mint and leave to stand – ideally for at least 30mins
- Pat the chickpeas dry with kitchen paper. Tip into a food processor along with the onion, garlic, parsley, spices, and flour. Blend until fairly smooth, then shape into four patties with your hands.
- These are really nice cooked in the slow cooker (spray with oil, cook for 2-3hrs on high, turning once) but they can of course be fried in a pan (heat oil in a pan & fry for 3mins on each side)
- Serve with with minty yogurt dip, toasted pittas, avocado, tomato salsa and a green salad.!